Foundational Family Services
NEW Virtual Service!
Positive Reinforcement Connecting Webinar for Children, Youth, and Families with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Click ‘Access Positive Reinforcement Connecting Webinar Now!’ and sign up to easily access the service online!
- Video format with additional FAQ and Quiz
Your family deserves access to quality services and talented professionals in the North. We are here to connect you to the programs and supports that best meet your family’s needs.
Our Regional Service Coordinator Marcia Morgan is here to support you in selecting the Foundational Family Service that meets your needs. For support in selecting services or to learn more about additional services and supports in your community, speak with Marcia by calling 1-877-996-1599 extension 2630 or email her at email@example.com
Adapted Talkability® — The Hanen Program® for Parents of Verbal Children on the Autism Spectrum offered via Telepractice (August 2021)
TalkAbility is for parents of verbal children ages 3-7. Parents learn practical ways to help their child tune into the thoughts and feelings of others, consider other points of view and to have empathy for others. These skills are essential for successful conversations and for making friends.
- 3 to 8
- Caregiver Training
- Skill Building
- Social Skills
8 per session
This program is only available to families in Kenora/Rainy River area and surrounding districts
For children ages 3-7.
To participate in a telepractice program, you need the following equipment:
A computer, iPad or a tablet (smartphones and cell phones do not have a large enough screen)
Webcam and microphone
High speed internet
Adobe reader (free download)
Printer or scanner or photo capture and transfer (if you want to print out the handouts)
*** If you do not have the appropriate technology to participate, FIREFLY may be able to provide you with the technology to attend the program.
Approx. 19hrs total
August 25, 2021
- Individual Pre-Program Consultations: Late August (One session per participant)
- Group Session 1: September 2nd 6:00pm
- Group Session 2: September 9th 6:00pm
- Individual Coaching Session #1: September 13th – 22nd (One session per participant)
- Group Session 3: September 23rd 6:00pm
- Group Session 4: September 30th, 6:00pm
- Individual Coaching Session #2: October 4th-13th (One session per participant)
- Session 5: October 14th, 6:00pm
What do you think?
Understanding your needs helps us connect your family to services in the North. Please tell us what you think.