Foundational Family Services
NEW Virtual Service!
Positive Reinforcement Connecting Webinar for Children, Youth, and Families with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Click ‘Access Positive Reinforcement Connecting Webinar Now!’ and sign up to easily access the service online!
- Video format with additional FAQ and Quiz
Your family deserves access to quality services and talented professionals in the North. We are here to connect you to the programs and supports that best meet your family’s needs.
Our Regional Service Coordinator Marcia Morgan is here to support you in selecting the Foundational Family Service that meets your needs. For support in selecting services or to learn more about additional services and supports in your community, speak with Marcia by calling 1-877-996-1599 extension 2630 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
More Than Words – A Hanen Program for Parents of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder or Social Communication Difficulties
The More Than Words Program was designed for parents of children on the autism spectrum and with other social communication difficulties. Addressing the unique needs of these children, the program provides parents with the tools, strategies and support they need to help their children reach their full communication potential.
More Than Words does this by empowering parents to help your child reach the following three goals:
- Improved social communication and back-and-forth interactions
- Improved play skills
- Improved imitation skills
As a parent and/or caregiver, here are some of the valuable things that are learned when attending the More Than Words Program:
- What motivates your child to communicate
- How to use your knowledge about your child to set appropriate and realistic goals
- How to make interactions with your child last longer
- Tips for using pictures and print to help your child’s understanding
- Strategies for how to talk so that your child understands you
- Strategies for developing your child’s play skills
- Ways to help your child make friends
- 0 to 3
- 3 to 8
- Caregiver Training
- Daily Routine
- Social Skills
Breakthrough Speech & Language Therapy
6-8 (The same families participate in the entire program)
Available to Entire North Region** Only available to Sudbury if in-person program is offered.
For Ages Children ages 0-8 years.
9 x 2.5 hours of workshop (once per week) with Individual Videofeedback Consultations on the remaining 4 weeks (a total of 4 videos)
The week of January 4th 2022 - March 2022
What do you think?
Understanding your needs helps us connect your family to services in the North. Please tell us what you think.