Adapted Talkability® — The Hanen Program® for Parents of Verbal Children on the Autism Spectrum offered via Telepractice (January 2022)
TalkAbility is for parents of verbal children ages 3-7. Parents learn practical ways to help their child tune into the thoughts and feelings of others, consider other points of view and to have empathy for others. These skills are essential for successful conversations and for making friends.
- Caregiver Training
- Skill Building
- Social Skills
This program is only available to families in Kenora/Rainy River area and surrounding districts
For children ages 3-7.
To participate in a telepractice program, you need the following equipment:
A computer, iPad or a tablet (smartphones and cell phones do not have a large enough screen)
Webcam and microphone
High speed internet
Adobe reader (free download)
Printer or scanner or photo capture and transfer (if you want to print out the handouts)
*** If you do not have the appropriate technology to participate, FIREFLY may be able to provide you with the technology to attend the program.
Approx. 19hrs total
January 20, 2022
- Individual Pre-Program Consultations: Early January (One session per participant)
- Group Session 1: January 20th 6:00pm
- Group Session 2: January 27th 6:00pm
- Individual Coaching Session #1: January 31st – February 9th (One session per participant)
- Group Session 3: February 10th, 6:00pm
- Group Session 4: February 17th, 6:00pm
- Individual Coaching Session #2: February 21st – March 2nd(One session per participant)
- Session 5: March 3rd, 6:00pm