Programs & Services by Breakthrough Speech
Available to Entire North Region** Only available to Sudbury if in-person program is offered.
For Ages Children ages 0-8 years.
- Caregiver Training
- Daily Routine
- Social Skills
The More Than Words Program was designed for parents of children on the autism spectrum and with other social communication difficulties. Addressing the unique needs of these children, the program provides parents with the tools, strategies and support they need to help their children reach their full communication potential.
More Than Words does this by empowering parents to help your child reach the following three goals:
- Improved social communication and back-and-forth interactions
- Improved play skills
- Improved imitation skills
As a parent and/or caregiver, here are some of the valuable things that are learned when attending the More Than Words Program:
- What motivates your child to communicate
- How to use your knowledge about your child to set appropriate and realistic goals
- How to make interactions with your child last longer
- Tips for using pictures and print to help your child’s understanding
- Strategies for how to talk so that your child understands you
- Strategies for developing your child’s play skills
- Ways to help your child make friends